Ditch the sweaty heart rate strap with Garmin's Forerunner 225. It uses an optical sensor that shines light into your skin to accurately gauge your heart rate. In addition to using GPS, the 225 has a built-in accelerometer to record distance and pace when you're running inside on a treadmill—no need for a separate foot pod accessory. The 225 even doubles as an activity tracker, counting the steps and calories you burn all day. Plus, it will remind you to move if you've been sitting for more than an hour, so you can keep that metabolic engine fired up all day long.
• Colorful graphic interface shows your zone and beats per minute at a glance
• Tracks distance, pace and heart rate; activity tracking counts steps and calories all day
• Built-in accelerometer records distance indoors
• Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
• Compatible with advanced workouts and free training plans from Garmin Connect
- Forerunner 225 GPS watch
- Charging/data cradle
ANT+ is a wireless technology that allows your monitoring device to seamlessly communicate with other ANT+ products such as speed sensors, heart rate monitors, power meters, and foot pods that track running/walking progress.
Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion
Battery Life: 4 weeks (watch mode), 10 hours (training mode)